The visitors’ centre of Cologne Cathedral
Welcome to the DOMFORUM
The DOMFORUM is the community centre of the catholic church of Cologne.
We offer a wide range of information on faith, church, culture and the city as well as guided tours in the cathedral, the treasury of the cathedral and the various romanesque churches in cologne. In the DOMFORUM you find an opportunity for reflection and meditation, we sympathetically listen to your requests and your opinions and we take our time for conversation and counselling. During the day you can also just sit down for while to escape the hectic pace of the inner city and enjoy a cup of coffee. Furthermore the DOMFORUM is a place for cultural events, lectures and discussions concerning religious and political topics in the evenings.
If you want out find out more about us or the cathedral you can visit us just across the square from the main entrance to the cathedral, you are always welcome at the DOMFORUM.
General Information about guided tours.
- We offer guided tours inside cologne cathedral as well as the big romanesque churches and several other churches in cologne.
- Tickets for our public guided tours are available for individuals and smaller groups up to 8 people. Groups of all sizes can book a private group guided tour.
- Requests for private guided tours can always be made for the next three full months, but no later than 14 days before the desired date. A binding booking request for an individual group tour can only be sent to us using the respective form provided.
- All guided tours in the cathedral (except primary schools) have to use a group tour system (GTS), consisting of microphone/transmitter and headphones/receivers, which we provide for the tours. The fee is always included in our prices.
- Services and religious ceremonies always take precedence. Therefore guided tours are sometimes liable to be cancelled at short notice. Maintenance concerning the cathedral or the organ may cause acoustic disturbance with no advance notice. We apologize for any inconvenience.
- With regard to the house rules applicable in the cathedral, please check the website of Cologne Cathedral before your visit. In other churches the house rules of the respective parish apply.
- Please note that the churches, other than the cathedral, may not be barrier-free.
All tours in Cologne cathedral have to be registered and may be conducted only by authorized or registered cathedral guides.
Private persons, groups or travel agencies must therefore book a guided tour through the DOMFORUM.
Further information can be found on the Cologne Cathedral information sheet.